- So, go to the drive where you install the XAMPP server. Generally, it's installed in C drive. So, go to C: xampp. And open the file xampp-control.exe.
- The XAMPP control panel gives you complete control over all installed XAMPP components. You can use the CP to start/stop different modules, launch the Unix shell, open Windows explorer and see all operations running in the background.
- Open the Windows File Explorer. One way to do this is to right-click the Start menu and select File Explorer. You could also press ⊞ Win + E to launch it with the keyboard.
- I followed this link to install XAMPP on my machine: XAMMP for Linux. I can't open XAMPP in my browser, but I'm getting the 404 errror i.e Not Found The requested URL /xampp/index.php was not fou.
First of all, make sure that you don't have a file have the name 'index' under htdocs folder.Then: Lanch xampp-control.exe ( you will find it under XAMPP folder ) Start Apache and MySql Open the browser in private (incognito). Write as URL: localhost.
Click to see full answer
Just so, where do I put my website in Xampp?
there is a folder called htdocs in xampp folder.
- Turn on the 'Apache' and 'MySQL' on your Xampp.
- Write your web page in notepad and save it in c:xampphtdocs ( C or whatever drive it exists in).
- Let us say your web page's name is test.php.
- Open your web browser.
- Type localhost est. php in your URL box.
Likewise, how do I open a file in xampp? Go to the location where you installed XAMPP (usually C:Program Filesxampp) and double click on XAMPP Control Panel (xampp-control.exe). This will bring you following screen. Click on Start buttons next to Apache and MySQL for starting them. Once opened, you would see XAMPP icon on the right of your task bar.
In this way, where does xampp store HTML files?
Open 'Computer' again and navigate to the folder where you keep your HTML files. If you do not already have any HTML files created, create one and save it to the htdocs folder under the XAMPP folder. Copy and paste your HTML files, if you find any, in to the htdocs folder.
Can I use xampp to host a website?
How To Open Xampp File In Browser
Installing XAMPPOnce you've downloaded XAMPP, your XAMPP control panel should open automatically. Apache — The main crux of XAMPP, the Apache option creates an Apache server on your PC. This is what will allow you to run and edit websites on your PC through web browsers, much like one would a website.