My Sony Vaio laptop keeps shutting down after a few seconds repair tool fix to do data recovery. Jul 07, 2019 From the Apple menu, select Shut down. After it shuts down, press the Shift, Control, and Option keys along with the on/off button at the same time. Hold them for 10 seconds. Restart your computer. How to fix MacBook Pro keeps shutting down with this way is officially offered by Apple. Moreover, you can update to latest macOS from your computer.
Does your laptop randomly turn off unexpectedly? Don’t worry. You’re not alone.
Many people have resolved the issue that laptop randomly shuts down with the solutions below. So before throwing your laptop out of the window, read on…
- When streaming to my tv from my laptop using an hdmi cable my laptop keeps shutting down at regular intervals despite me. Turn off shut down options.
- Why is it that my Windows 7Ultimate Laptop, keeps shutting down by itself consistently. My Laptop is an Acer Extensa 5230. For some time down, my laptop continues to shutdown on it's own without me.
Why does my laptop keep turning off? The reasons can be various, and the common reasons are the hardware faulty, your CPU overheated and sometimes the virus can also lead to this problem. But don’t panic. There are something you can do to fix your laptop randomly shutting down.
What to do if my laptop randomly turns off?
Here are the solutions you can try. You shouldn’t have to try them all; just work you way down until everything’s working again.
Fix 1: Troubleshoot the overheating issue
If your laptop is overheating, then it’s very likely your laptop may randomly shut down without a clue. So whenever this issue happens in your computer or laptop, you should first check and fix the overheating problem.
The internal hardware components of your laptop generate heat, and the cooling fan helps reduce the heat. But if the cooling fan doesn’t work properly, your laptop can’t exhaust heat and will get turned off randomly. So you should keep your laptop in the rather open area, where there is less debris or dust, and let the fan works properly. In addition, if you’re confident with your computer skills, you can disassemble your laptop and clean your fan.
If your laptop always gets overheated, you should consider invest a laptop cooler or cooling pad, and you can buy one from the Internet.
Fix 2: Hard reset your laptop
Generally the hardware faulty can cause your laptop randomly turning off, and you can remove the connected hardware from your laptop and see if it’s where the problem lies in, especially when you recently added new hardware device to your laptop. Follow the steps below to do:
Toshiba Laptop Keeps Shutting Down
1) Turn off your laptop.
2) Remove the power, hard drives, the battery, and any attached peripheral devices.
Microsoft office mac 2016 torrent. 3) Press and hold the Power button for 60 seconds and release.
4) Put your battery back in and plug the charger.
5) Boot your laptop and see if it fixed the randomly shutting down issue for your laptop.
If it fixes the issue, you should have found and fixed your problem. If this solutions doesn’t work, don’t worry. We have other methods.
Fix 3: Update available drivers
The missing or outdated device drivers (such as your motherboard driver) can cause your laptop randomly turning off itself. So you should make sure that your device drivers are up to date.
There are two ways to update drivers: manually and automatically.
Manually update drivers: you can update your device drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website, and searching for the most recent correct driver for each. Ensure to choose the drivers that are compatible with your Windows version.
Automatically update drivers: if you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically withDriver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, it takes just 2 clicks (and you will get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
1) Downloadand install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged device to automatically download the correct version of the driver (you can do this with the FREE version), then install the driver in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at [email protected]
4) After updating, restart your computer to take effect.
Check if your problem has been resolved.
Why Does Macbook Keep Shutting Down
Fix 4: Turn off fast startup
The fast startup feature in your laptop may result in the abrupt shutdown, and you should check and turn off the fast startup feature. Here’s how to do it:
1) Open Control Panel in your laptop, and select view by large icons or small icons.
2) Click Power Options.
3) Click Choose what the power buttons do on the left.
4) Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
5) On the same pane, make sure to uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
6) Restart your laptop and see if it fixes the issue that your laptop randomly turns off.
Still no luck? Okay, there’s one more thing to try.
Fix 5: Run a virus scan
There may be malware or virus in your laptop system, which can cause your laptop randomly shutting down and damage the system operations.
Apple Laptop Keeps Shutting Down 2019
So run a virus scan across your entire Windows system. Yes, it will take some time to complete, but it’s worth it. Unfortunately, Windows Defender may not detect it, so it’s worth trying another antivirus application such as Avira and Panda.
If any malware has been detected, follow the instructions provided by the antivirus program to fix it.
Then restart your computer and see if it works.
My Apple Laptop Keeps Shutting Down
That’s it. Hope this post comes in handy and gets your laptop back on track. Feel free to leave a comment and ask any questions.